Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ezekiel 34:1-36:38


Ezekiel 34 As I read this text I am reminded that we must never become complacent. We must always be caring for our fellow believers, but also reach out to all the lost people. We must not be content with how large our church has grown or how many attend on Sunday, but go after those who do not. I need to be a greater witness and shepherd. I am so thankful that God sent Jesus to be our shepherd when we fall short. I am thankful he cared enough to come find me when I was lost.

Ezekiel 36 I am so thankful for my new life. I am so thankful to have my sins washed away. God washed away all the sin and impurity from Egypt and renewed the land for his people. I wonder if that is sometimes the reason for floods. Is that God purging our land and making it new and clean?  Often times when a flood comes or some other disaster we think of the devastation it brings, but maybe we should be looking at the before and after picture.  We should look at all the people saved through those times and the way it seems to bring out the best in peoples spirit. I am not saying that it is not hard for the people to lose things, but they are just things. We must pray for lives to be saved during those times and help those in need.  I think God calls us to help others through those times.

1 comment: